Thursday 24 April 2014

Scrap around the world April challenge - Nature vs nurture


This is my entry for the mood board (below) inspired challenge over at Scrap around the world.....
I had the perfect blue butterflies and, although its not obvious from the picture resolution, the dragonflies (wings) were inspired by the crackling paint in the other picture. I added small details reminiscent of the other items on the mood board and kept to a similar colour scheme with toned down hues.

I havent done any scrapbooking for quite a few months now but was particularly inspired by this challenge as well as my endless pile of photos and materials just waiting....

6 comments:

  1. Such a soft and delicate layout. I love the colours. They perfectly highlight the picture. Thanks for playing at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty indeed & great explanation of your inspiration! Thanks for playing at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout!!!! So close to nature! I am very curious, what kind of animal is on the photo? Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tusia, thanks for your comment, it is a little wallaby at a restaurant here. They have native animals roaming freely outdoors, a really beautiful spot!

      Delete
  4. So delicate and captivating! Like a page in a story book! Thank you so much for drawing inspiration from my mood board and joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the delicate, botanical embellishing of this page! Thank you for playing along with our SATW moodboard!

    ReplyDelete