Wednesday 8 May 2013

Kaisercraft May Saturday sketch #1 - Memorial to the murdered jews

This is my entry for the Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch #1 for May using the sketch below. When I saw the sketch and looked through the photos to try to find a subject requiring a few quotes I came up with a couple of photos I took of letters from the Memorial for the murdered Jews in Berlin. It was such a sad museum, and I really wanted to keep the quotes to remember just how awful history can be,but rather than put the photos on a layout, I decided to transcribe them onto the centre card and only add a tiny picture of my daughter at the museum. Instead of all the photos I used journalling cards from my "check in" paper pad, along with background papers from the collection. I really love this collection as I have a fair few layouts to finish from my trip to Europe in 2009 and it works perfectly with them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Renee. Just letting you know you won the Ribbon Pack prize On TCR for your #148 entry! Congratulations. Please contact Alicia- admin@scrapbookfantasies.com.au with your details and she will send it out to you!

    Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love all your journalling, you have done a great job :)
    thanks for playing along at Kasiercraft Sat Sketch, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete