Friday 17 October 2014

13 Arts October challenge #23





Was so excited to receive my parcel of 13arts goodies this morning! A perfect day to work on the 13Arts challenge for this month....

Jelissa has come up with an awesome challenge- which includes using only white cardstock and embellishments, and all colour must come from paint/ inks/ mists etc. You also need to use a black and white photo and song lyrics or title. I used the lyrics from "Boys of summer" as my journalling.

I have to admit I took a little creative licence with this one, as my photo is more sepia than black and white, and my chipboard started off as, well chipboard colour... and I threw in a very pastel sticker from my new faces of spring collection  -  but below is the initial layout, before spraying anything and before adding a few extra small flowers that arrived in my 'romantic garden' kit...





I am also entering over at Scrap around the world again (my third try haha), as the moodboard has really inspired me this month with the colour choices of deep blues and purples with green, pink and gold on a white background, just like the butterfly!!

The challenge is at http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/design-team-mid-month-reveal-october.html

Lastly I am entering over at Lasting memories:
http://kcclayoutchallenges.blogspot.com.au/ for their "anything goes" challenge. Just because I am so happy with this one I want to share it around!


11 comments:

  1. Wow! This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, I love the photo and the flowers !!! Thank you for playing at Scrap Around the World :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a talent for working with those deep purples - this looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! This is just stunning! Love the composition! Thank you for joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautifully done! I love the white background. Also really like the journaling along the side! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your double layout is GORGEOUS....THANKS for been Inspired by & playing along over @ SATW this month.... :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout! The colours are just gorgeous and your photo very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, you nailed all the challenges! Thanks for sharing at Lasting Memories! Karr LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This colors are amazing! :) Thank you for playing with SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is simply stunning!!! Thanks for joining us at 13 Arts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!!! Thanks for joining us at 13 Arts!!!

    ReplyDelete