Saturday 4 October 2014

Once Upon A sketch/ Pixels and Paper October challenge


Pixels and Paper October Inspiration













Above is my combined entry for the Pixels and Paper October Challenge: http://pixelsandpaperchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/ and this months Once Upon A Sketch Challenge: http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com.br/2014/10/october-challenge.html

I started with the Pixels and Paper inspiration image. As Im not keen on scrapbooking teapots the challenge inspired me to use the closest thing - a teacup embellishment, and I had the perfect paper collection in Tildas "Garden Party" Collection. When I found the perfect photo to match the paper collection it happened to be an old shot of my sisters, from when we were younger. So I then decided to add in the Once Upon A sketch October Criteria of journalling about " The girls/ women in our lives" I wrote about how my sisters and I share a special bond and are always there for each other. I also followed the sketch from OUAS.

For the first time in a long time I actually managed to photograph my layout during the daytime, so I got a decent picture - aside from the fact that the layout was not flat due to all the spraying etc and so the right side does not look as straight as it actually is!

















7 comments:

  1. beautiful bright page Renee thanks for joining us @ P & P this month

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely happy page Renee and your teacup embellishment is just perfect for our challenge. Many thanks for sharing with us on Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page is beautiful!! I love the colors, the flowers, the layering! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS....thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS this month....love those colours & the pretty, pretty images....that banner is lovely, too:):) Funny, I was really attracted by the Pixels & Paper challenge this month, too:):) Anyways.....so happy to see you at OUAS & if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright and cheerfull layout , very girly! Good for the picture you used. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a charming layout. I love your colour choices... they went so well with the photo you used. The paper was perfect and the embellishments look great. Thank you for joining in at Pixels and Paper. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome...I love your creative and colourful page and a brilliant take on our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Pixels and Paper :)

    ReplyDelete