Tuesday 7 October 2014

Scrap around the World/ Lucky7Factory October chalenge




......

This is my entry for the Scrap around the world October challenge - using the stunning moodboard shown above! You can enter over at http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/october-2014-challenge-18-vibrant.html

I was inspired by a lot of things in the moodboard.... to begin with I was inspired by the quote about dancing to use a photo of my children dancing with the Thai dancers at a show in Bangkok. The photo also had fairy lights above reminiscent of the ones in the mood board, but I ended up cutting off the top of the photo....

I was also inspired by the jewel, gold and black tones on the butterfly to make the background for the layout. I sprayed the background with similar colour sprays and then stencilled over the top in black gesso. I added everything I had in deep jewel tones and sprayed some chipboard cogs in gold to layer under the papers. I added some sparkling ribbons and the last of my beautiful Inkido flowers (so sad that Inkido has finished up) and sprayed the layering with some more gold mist.

Last of all I added the black starry background behind the page  - the top is cropped off a little...

All in all its a very different layout for me, and I found it very difficult to match the tones in the inspiration photo! Wouldnt mind trying the same background directly onto black cardstock with a mask!

I am also entering this layout over at the Lucky 7 Factory.... This is another of my absolute favourite brands who are unfortunately closing down soon. Their Technologie collection is the only one I have found that works with alot of my night time/party/ disco photos with bright neon tones. They have 16 challenges going this month based on the wizard of oz and you can win their collections. This is being entered in Challenge #6 (Toto) the requirement is to add ribbons to the page. You can enter over at http://thelucky7factory.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/defi-no-6-toto.html

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page! Thank you for participating in our challenge at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! WOW! Love your background.... Such a DELIGHTFUL layout!!! THANK YOU for playing along over @ SATW this Month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your backgroung! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, I love your background !! Thank your for playing at Scrap Around The World :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page! Love those bold colors and the mask you used! Great background and awesome flowers! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors :) Thank you for playing with SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours! Thanks for joining it at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning, joyous and colorful! Fabulous layout! Thank you for joining us at SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete