Thursday 2 April 2015

Kaisercraft Design Team 2015 Entry

Part 2 - A blog post showing three recent projects I have created showcasing Kaisercraft collections less than a year old including: a layout, a beyond the page project and a mixed media project or card.

This was actually very tricky, as I tend to use collections all over the place old/ new and in between and I almost never use a collection on its own - I tend to mix them between manufacturers, product lines and all over the place. I did, however recently create a baby album for my sister using MOSTLY Kaisercraft (I'm a little late to create completely new projects for all three requirements!!!)

Whilst I do have a DSLR camera, I rarely use it for layout photos as using my camera phone is easier and I am often scrapping with friends and will take a quick shot before puttig my work in a album - however I am perfectly capable of dragging it out when I need to for more professional type work... Unfortunately these pictures were already taken so I cant quite showcase my better photography here!

For the first requirement (layout) I am including two layouts from my sisters baby album. These were created with predominantly the stunning "Bundle of Joy/ Pitter patter collection" along with an older (fussy cut) floral sheet from the "Forget me not" collection.





For the second requirement I have chosen a recent mixed media project I created. The majority of the project was created using a mixture of Kaisercrafts "check in" paperpad and "Wanderlust" collectibles.



Now the third requirement was really tough.... I don't generally make much beyond the page for a few reasons, being that I live in the oldest and smallest fibro shack you can imagine... we simply dont have the room nor the money to add a lot of decor nor do we ever entertain guests! I also rarely make off the page mini albums, as they are not 'sleeved' and my kids can be fairly rough with these kinds of things. They are a little damageable for my liking.... however in the spirit of a design team call from my favourite brand I am giving it my best shot at creating something new very quickly!

I was recently inspired by a mini album project I recently saw created by Jane Tregenza - a graphic 45 project with popups, tabs, booklets, pockets and all kinds of amazing elements. I have decided to draw inspiration from the project and create something similar using my recent Kaisercraft 'North pole' collection. The pockets would be great to hold Christmas gifts etc

I wish I had a little more time to really make something amazing but doing my best in an evening! This is the first page of a North Pole mini album with a little popup reindeer and a gift pocket.




1 comment:

  1. Love the pop up reindeer gift pocket! This page is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete