Thursday 4 April 2013

Challenge me happy 43 - California


Firstly I have to say, I love it when a challenge forces me to work with a 'difficult' background.... Im constantly buying those pretty backgrounds and wondering what the hell to do with them! I searched my whole stash for the shades of pink and purple shown in the colour challenge at Challenge me happy below:





                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
challenge 43
I found quite alot in the colours but only this background and photo really stood out so I gave it a go.

The photo was taken on my first night arriving in LA, and the bright lights of universal studios near the hotel we stayed at were just gorgeous. It just felt so American... Although the photo is very blurry (night time photography) it reminds me of the excitement I felt as the holiday began so I wanted to use  it. I think my layout captures some of that excitement!

Materials used included:
Bella rock chic background and rub on
Kaisercraft fairy tale stack, konstruct and 13th hour collection patterned paper
Fred the needle for words or whatever chipboard
American crafts Amy Tangerine stack
My memories patterned paper
DCWV stardust stack
Merci flowers


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love all the elements here...love that title font! Thanks for joining us at CMH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!! Your paper and embellishments are perfect for the photo and subject!! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge Me happy!!

    ReplyDelete