Thursday 4 April 2013

Scrap your story March challenge 4 - A dream come true


I created this  layout for the Scrap your story March challenge, requiring a layout with cork. I didnt have any cork so I went on a mission to the local craft store to get some. All I could find, however, were tiny cork bottle stoppers. While not what I was expecting to use I purchased them and went home to think, and think and think! The only think I could relate cork to was bottles, and I didnt exactly have any photos/ backgrounds of wine. The next thing I considered was little trinket bottles and so the idea behind this layout was born.... I had a vision of a girls dressing table with all the little ornaments and bottles, of course extremely difficult to actually create!

Well this  is the final result and Im pretty happy with it, although theres always something that should have been straighter.

The photo was chosen as it was from a festival where the girls visited the garnier tent and got their hair done as well as took home a sample pack with all those little bottles they love (sample packs= little girl heaven!) So it kinda matches the theme.

To make the bottles I googled bottles and traced around a couple from the screen then glued the template onto coloured paper (reminds me of stained glass that paper) and cut out. I made a dressing table mirror using a frame cut out and shiny silver cardstock.

Materials used:

DCWV Once upon a time stack
Kaisercraft Sweet nothings paper pad 6.5"
Craft concepts creative grunge paper
Prima resist canvas chair
Paper pizzazz blue/ green mosaics paper
Random buttons, frames and a charm from necklace from the stash

4 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!! What a neat idea!
    Thanks for playing along at SYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the cork!! Thanks for playing with Scrap Your Story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looove this realistic idea for the cork! Awesome :) Thanks for playing along at Scrap Your Story :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout and such a good idea for the cork. Love the little bottles. Thanks for playing along at SYS.

    ReplyDelete