Tuesday 30 April 2013

Happy


This layout is a last minute attempt at a couple of challenges I havent yet entered this month. The theme comes from Scrappy frogs - April spring themed  challenge and I added Go fish - make your own flowers and Use it tuesday - flowers for mum. The photos I chose are the last few I hadnt scrapped from the Floriade festival in 2011. Floriade is a spring themed festival, celebrating the flowers blooming in Canberras central park. To go with the layout and 'flowers for mum' theme I chose all these little punched out flowers, my kids love punching out small flowers and shapes from my offcuts and scraps bag, gluing them together and giving them to me to use (they also cut out some leaves for me) so they really are flowers for mum as well as hoarded supplies (The sticker I used to write the blurb is also about 2 years old, and was one of my first scrapbooking purchases). They are also homemade, so fulfill the criteria from Go fish......

My daughters next plan is to sell her punch cut flowers on ebay and save up so she can go to Thailand with my sister hahaha.

I also used a sketch from Sketch n scrap for the layout shown below:

 

The layout was made using papers from My minds eye lost and found - union square combined with a fussy cut Francheville Cranberry True love - right floral piece. The rest is mostly varied offcuts with an American crafts Amy Tangerine sketchbook camera, DCWV Once upon a time circle and a couple ofcircles cut from Kaisercrafts hummingbird collection. I also used a Kaisercraft Prickled pear stamp.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am loving all of those GORGEOUS flowers!!! Fantastic take on the sketch and thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous that you are using the flowers that your kiddies have made! Love all the details. Glad you have joined us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flowers and the fussy cutting! Nicely done! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. I love the fussy cut flowers. Thanks for playing along at S~N~S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete