Wednesday 3 April 2013

Scrapfriends Sketch challenge 12 - Far far away



I created this layout from the Scrapfriends April sketch challenge shown below:



Something about the far far away background reminded me of the diagonal effect from the sketch. So I added a castle photo and was on my way! Because of the difficulty working with 'pretty' backgrounds  I replaced the patterned paper elements with some horizontal stripes in matching colours, and used the embellishments to represent the diagonal. For the string I used some soft netting to emulate the fairy tale feeling, although it cant be seen in the main photo unfortunately...

Im pretty happy that Ive accomplished the 'fairy tale' effect I wanted in this layout!

Materials used include:

Once upon a time stack by DCWV
Kaisercraft sweet nothings paper pad 6.5"
Graphic 45 ribbon
Ruby rock it netting
Tattered angels glimmer mist
Bella bling crown
FABSCRAPS burlesque paper stack

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome... i can see the string in the detailed shot... thats wonderful ... love your title work too... thanks for playing at SF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really neat - LOVE how you've adapted the sketch....those colours & the subtle background effect...YUM!!! So glad you joined us at Scrap Friends this month:):)!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete